Friday, April 2, 2010

Spring Baseball

The smell of fresh cut grass. The sun shinning on the diamonds. The laughter and excitement of voices being carried by the wind. The crack of the bat, the cheers, the moms and dads looking on to see their child having one of the best days of their lives. A child looking into the stands just to see if mom or dad is looking at them. The taste of grilled burgers and hot dogs and a special drink after a hard fought game. It's good to be alive. It's good to be in America. It's good to be loved.

Well it's spring and theres still a slight chill in the air
and I'm here with all of my friends
The grass has been cut and the diamonds' been raked
Oh I hope this day never ends
That first pitch can't come soon enough
this is what dreams are made of...

"hey dad! can you see me? hey mom! I'm over here
The coach says I'm ready to play
I've got my favorite number and thanks for my new glove
I'm gonna catch every ball that comes my way...
watch me, please watch me...
it's my day today!
C2009 MHC

1 comment:

Pitching Academy said...

That is what Baseball is all about right there. Some of my greatest memories playing ball were in Little League. I remember getting my first strikeout as a pitcher and I will never ever forget my first homerun that actually went over the fence. I also remember eating the free hamburger i was given after the game, delicious. Man I love this game!